Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cinco de Mayo or Cinco de Mango? Part 1-Mango Margaritas

I can't believe it's already May. May! Sheesh, April flew by.

But one of my favorite things about May being here (aside from getting to celebrate my fabulous husband) is Cinco de Mayo. Now, I don't have any Mexican heritage, BUT I do love mexican food, margaritas, and really...any reason to celebrate!


This year, I celebrated a bit early with a little fiesta of Mango Margaritas and Mango Salsa.
(I highly suggest that you do the same)


Today we're just going to share the Mango Margarita recipe, then tomorrow... the MANGO SALSA!


The recipe we used was adapted from here, except we made a virgin one.
(For the real deal, you can follow it exactly, but I would add ice instead of ice water so it's frozen.)

Here's what you'll need:
1 mango
1/4 c fresh lime juice
1/4 c orange juice
10-12 ice cubes
orange zest
salt

Here's how to do it:
1. Dice up your mango.
2. Add all the ingredients into your blender
3. Blend


4. Taste test :)
5. Prepare for rimming with a bowl of lime juice and a plate with coarse salt and a touch of orange zest.
5a. dip the rim of your glass in the lime juice
5b. then dip the rim into the salt and twist around until it's coated.


6. Serve to your favorite senors and senoritas along side some delicious mango salsa and get your fiesta on!



Not feeling the Mango? Try these Beer-garitas with Chili-lime rimming salt, they'd be another perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo Extravaganza.


Come back tomorrow for part 2--Mango Salsa!


Photobucket

1 comment: