Monday, October 17, 2011

Beer-garitas with Chili-Lime Rimming Salt, Part 1


If you are anything like my husband and me, you have different tastes when it comes to your drinks. He prefers beer (hence The Adams weekly beer column). I, on the other hand, prefer most other drinks than beer--although I'm coming along in my appreciation for it. 

Anyway, I'd think it's pretty safe to say that this might be the case for most couples, so imagine our excitement when we discovered that the two loves can be combined into the perfect co-ed beverage.
 We bring you: Beer-garitas with Chili-Lime Rimming Salt. And at this time of year, we thought it'd be just perfect for the upcoming football parties you'll be throwing (go Eagles!**),or any co-ed party really. 
 ** I am supposed to make a disclaimer that this team is not supported by all Sips Etc authors--(but I will say, it is only supported by the coolest ones).


Today, we'll show you how to make the Beer-garitas. Tomorrow, for Part 2, we'll show you how to make the Chili-Lime Rimming Salt (which is such a fantastic addition, if I do say so myself).



Here's what you'll need:
48 oz. Beer (some prefer Corona's, some Pabst Blue Ribbon, but I'm sure most any light beer will do).
12 oz. Limeade Concentrate
6 oz. Tequila
1 can of Sprite (optional, though not used here)
A pitcher


Here's how to do it:
Pour the beer into the pitcher.  Tip: tilt the pitcher as you pour, it helps reduce the amount of fizz at the top.


Next add the limeade concentrate, then add the tequila. (Here is where you'd add the Sprite also)
Tip: once the limeade concentrate can is empty, just fill it up half way with tequila instead of using a measuring cup.


And that's it! Just Mix. Pour. Sip.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for Part 2.

If you're visiting us from TasteSpotting.com, Welcome! You can learn a bit about us here, and be sure to check our monthly Barista Banter column, and our weekly Beer column with TheAdams
We're so glad to have you!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment