Friday, October 14, 2011

TheAdams- pumpkin beer

Since you don't really know me yet, let me start off by telling you that I am huge into the seasons. You might be thinking..... me too!!!

Let me clarify... I'm huge into the beer seasons. If you are a beer fan like me then you know exactly what I'm talking about. As the seasons change throughout the year, so do the different beers that compliment those seasons.

Pumpkin Ale definitely falls into this category. So I'll be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of flavored beers, but in the case of fall, there is no beer more distinctly matched with the season then Pumpkin Ale.

Pumpkin Ale comes in many varities with many different flavors. They are characterized by the pumpkin pie taste that is achieved by brewing with many of the same spices; cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. It's also not a very hoppy type of ale, the spices and malts are the focus.

Like I said the taste can range from very pumpkiny- to faint hints of pumpkin. I prefer the milder taste and found TommyKnocker Brewery Small Patch Pumpkin Harvest Ale to be very mild. It has the subtle hints of pumpkin that don't overpower, but is still thick enough for a fall ale.

Regardless of your taste preference, if you like beer you have to give a Pumpkin Ale a try this fall. It doesn't matter which brewery's you try, as long as you get one somewhere in the rotation. It is what is so great about beer. It changes with the seasons to make them feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment