Thursday, December 22, 2011

best christmas drink ever (grandma's brandy slush)

Six years ago, our best friends brought a tupperware container full of sheer glory to our Christmas party. It was full of brandy slush (Ben's grandma's recipe) and I was immediately smitten. In fact, this brandy slush shares the top spot for my Favorite Holiday Drink (tied with my mama's wassail recipe).

I'm not kidding when I say that you should make this. Today probably. Everyone you share it with will thank you.

BRANDY SLUSH
Ingredients:
9 cups water
2 cups sugar
12 oz can limeade concentrate
12 oz can orange juice concentrate
3 cups brandy

Directions: Boil water and sugar to dissolve. Stir in oj, limeade and brandy. Cool. Freeze overnight.

Serve a scoop of brandy slush in a glass of sprite/sprite zero.

Alternately, skip the liquid add in and serve in little scoops like a granita or an Italian ice. 

Yumyumyum!

ps- Even though this is a Christmas recipe in Ben's family, when he entered it in our annual Cocktails and Mocktails drink competition (in August), it won the overall prize (that's him with the trophy). The goodness is season-blind. Like I said, sheer glory.

 

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making it ahead of time. Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say can do you mean the concentrate in the frozen section?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this & it's amazingly good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family made these each year for Christmas - they really are quite good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kate - do you mean the concentrate version? Also, I can't find the post about the Wassail...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Concentrate for both the limeade and orange juice. I'll edit that so that it's clear.

      Also, if you email us at sipsetc@gmail.com I can send you the wassail recipe. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get to it this year.

      Delete