Sunday, April 22, 2012

Doggie Ice Cream

You might remember that Adam and I have a dog, Stetson.
He's a spunky, 2 year old, St. Bernard that has a patch on his side in the shape of a heart.

I have been known to spoil him a bit...
For instance, for his first birthday I wanted to throw a "hot dog" party, but Adam said it was too much.
So instead, I just got some birthday hats for the three of us, and sang to him, solo.


So see, I can admit, I'm quite deserving of my reputation.
But despite people making fun, it hasn't really stopped me.

However, this last weekend I got a picture text from a good friend of mine of her dog's first birthday cake
(in the shape of a bone, mind you),
I realized I might not be the only one of these crazies out there...

So, this post is for you other dog owners, who love your dogs a little extra.

I'm going to share a little secret a pet store worker gave me one time:

How to make "Doggie Ice Cream".

It's not really a recipe, just pumpkin filling in an ice cube tray!
And if your dog's lucky like Stetson, it'll be in the shape of a heart.
 (The pumpkin filling is the same kind you'd use in pie or bread, but make sure it has no sugar)
It's great because pumpkin is good for dogs and has been known to help with digestion.




Just fill it...


freeze it...

and serve it to your favorite pooch...


They'll love it.
It's the perfect hot summer day doggie treat!
Especially when you're dog is more of a winter weather kind of guy.


Be careful though, they'll try to sneak them when you're not looking...



...and will keep trying even after you've moved them.


Doggie Ice Cream: cheap, healthy, and Stetson approved. 


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That dog's face makes my heart melt. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Mine too! You should make these for Murph, he'd love them!

      Delete
  2. I definitely am going to try it for Murph. He would love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I will have to make these for my dog! I just wanted to let you know I featured you on Lovely Things Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny! Thanks so much for featuring us! We've grabbed your button too:) Let us know if you make these for your dog, we'd love to have you as a "reader feature" :)

      Delete
  4. Awww he is the cutest dog ever!! Love doggie ice cream--who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thanks! We think he's pretty cute too:)

      Delete