Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mocha Cupcakes made with Starbucks Via


I wish I could claim this genius idea as my own, but I cannot. Jordan (our sister/sister-in-law), added Starbucks VIA to her cupcake batter and icing a couple of years ago to make the Best. Mocha. Cupcakes on earth. 


And even though it's not my idea, I will sleep better at night once I pass this tip along. Because if you like coffee and chocolate (and cupcakes), you haven't really lived until you've tried one of these.


The whole mocha cupcake recipe is here, but the jist is that you add three packets of VIA to the cupcake batter and two packets of VIA to the frosting. You could use homemade frosting, but the Betty Crocker Buttercream is great in a pinch.


And then, you should probably pack up a platter or two and take them to various coffee-loving friends. If not, you might look at the plate a couple hours later and realize that you've eaten eight cupcakes. Not that that's happened around here or anything.

ps- We served these at the Denver Blogger Meetup and they were quite the hit!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. They look yummy! Can't wait to try the recipe out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! :) They're seriously so good. Make them and take them to someone, they're too good to keep around the house:)

      Delete
  2. Using Via for mocha cupcakes is a great idea! I've never really known what to do when recipes call for powdered espresso. I usually try to make hot coffee to substitute but this is definitely easier! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, via is super easy:) Let us know how it turns out! Take pictures along the way and send them over if you want!

      Delete
  3. Hey Friend! Featuring this at Drab to Fab tonight and tomorrow! Congrats! Hope you'll join me again with more of your great ideas! Thanks for coming to my party!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-11-features.html

    Have a great weekend :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, Thanks so much for the feature AND for letting us know! We're so excited! We'll have to watch for it! :)

      Delete