First, did you read my cute husband's Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe from Friday?
His passion for it is pretty adorable.
And second, It's our VERY FIRST Edition of Diet Coke Days!
(If you missed the intro, you can read it here.)
If you're here reading this column, then you or someone you know probably loves the D.C. So, if you're looking for a little something to give that person (or yourself) to add a little Diet Coke love to their holiday, we have just the thing.
Here's what you need:
a Diet Coke can (washed and dried out)
scissors (sharp enough to cut aluminum)
paper and pen to make a stencil
low temperature hot glue gun
a hole punch
Here's how to do it:
1. Cut the top and bottom off your can. BE CAREFUL! It's VERY sharp.
2. Tape the can onto the table so it's flat and won't move.
3. Make your stencil. (We chose to do a star, but I think a Christmas tree, a heart, or just a regular ornament shape would be fun too!)
4. Trace the stencil onto the can where you want it to be.
5. Cut it out. Again, being very careful.
6. Glue the can onto the felt. Cut around it, leaving a little showing on the sides so it's not so sharp.
7. Here is where I punched a hole through the can and the felt.
It was pretty hard to go through both, so you might consider punching the hole through the felt and the can separately and lining them up. If you try this way, let me know how this works for you.
8. Finally, tie the ribbon making a loop so you can hang it on a tree.
Almost takes your breath away, doesn't it?