Friday, December 9, 2011

BITES with TheAdams: Buffalo Chicken Dip



So this is the BEST thing you will ever put in your mouth....yep....I'll say it again. THE BEST! It's healthy too! (that part's not true) If there was only one "dip" I was allowed to eat for the rest of my life this would hands down be it. It might even make my top 5 food list. There's no more to say.

Here's the recipe and instructions:
1 12 oz can of chicken
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of franks red hot (or to taste)
1 cup of blue cheese or ranch dressing (I use blue cheese)
2 cups of shredded cheddar (or whatever you prefer)

In a large skillet on low/medium heat, add the chicken and pull it apart with a couple forks.
(you don't want any big chunks)

Once it is all pretty shredded, put in the softened cream cheese and mix it into the chicken.
(this should take a couple minutes to get all the cream cheese to melt down and mix with the chicken)



Add in theFranks Red Hot and mix it in thouroughly.
(I've tried other hot sauces but I think Franks is the best)

Once the Franks is mixed in, add the blue cheese dressing and mix it in.



Once the dressing is in, I turn up the heat to medium and add the shredded cheese. (sometimes I put a bit more then two cups in) Fold the cheese in until it is all pretty melted.



From here there are two options. I like to put the mixture into a small crockpot to keep it warm. If you decide to do this make sure you stir the dip about every 30 minutes or so, otherwise sometimes the bottom burns.

The other option is to simply put it in a bowl or shallow dish. Take it to a friends and microwave it for about 30 seconds. Stir it up and boom goes the dynamite.




I like to serve it with baguettes or sliced french bread. Triscuits are my second fave. If not though, chips will do.

 Ludwig out!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment