Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bites: Spiked Banana Bread


Today's post is a recipe. But not for a drink. I did use whipped cream vodka in the making of the recipe, though, so I figured it still counts. Plus, it is yu-ummy. Like bananas foster in a bread. Yummy.



It all started when I ran out of sour cream. My go-to banana bread recipe has sour cream in it. And I didn't really want to run to the store. So I searched my favorite food blogs- smitten kitchen and how sweet it is. This triple fudge banana bread looked lovely, but I am also out of chocolate chips (who doesn't have chocolate chips on hand? Seriously.). I settled on this jacked-up banana bread recipe.


Since the theme of the post is "But-I-Didn't-Have-Any," of course, I mixed up the bananas, butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla and found that we don't have any bourbon. Are you kidding me? But sitting in the liquor cabinet, right where the bourbon should've been was Pinacle Whipped Cream Vodka. Since I was already committed to the banana bread at this point, why not, right?


And, the result? Sheer loveliness. Foster-y, banana-y glory.

Oh, and here's the recipe (but, like I said, it's adapted from the recipe at Smitten Kitchen)

4 overripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 t vanilla
1 T whipped cream vodka
1 t baking soda
pinch salt
1 t cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour


Mash the bananas, pour the butter over them. Add the brown sugar, egg, vanilla and vodka. Mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well. Add the flour. Mix. Add batter to a greased bread pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.


DELICIOUS. Like making-me-hungry-just-looking-at-these delicious. Try it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment