And since she was so sweet about what she wrote for my birthday,
and so you can get to know her a bit better,
I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about her here:
1.She's beautiful inside and out.
2. How much she loves her family (immediate and extended). I was seriously hard pressed to find a picture of her to put on here where she wasn't posing with a family member.
In fact, I was unsuccessful.
3. She's seriously one of the most generous people I know. I'm not sure we've said this on here yet--probably not, because why would it come up?--but my Adam, me, and Stetson (did we mention he's a St. Bernard?) are currently living with their family until we are a bit more settled here in Denver. And Kirst and her Adam have pretty much gone by the philosophy "what's ours is yours". I just hope that some of this generosity rubs off on us, but I know at the very least I know I have never been so thankful.
4. She's quirky, and funny. In fact pretty much the perfect mesh between the two.
6. She's passionate-- about diet coke, sushi, the beach, and some more important things too:)
7. She is a great friend and a great encourager. She throws showers for people all the time (even for people who she just met) and will always take a phone call from a friend regardless of how busy she gets.
And so, in honor of Kirstin, I tried to find a drink that used some of her favorite things: Magic Shell, dark chocolate, and whipped cream.
Here's what you need:
2/3 c milk
3 t Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Syrup
2 oz Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka
Hershey's or Smuckers Magic Shell Ice Cream topping (again, for rimming)
Here's how to do it:
First mix up your milk and chocolate.
Then add in your vodka.
Then pour your Magic Shell onto a plate or into a wide bowl.
Take your empty glass and turn it upside down to coat the rim in chocolate.
It should harden.
Then pour in the drink.
It's ok if some of the Magic Shell breaks off into the drink. It's like adding chocolate shavings.