Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A little Coffee Trick

Want some more pumpkin love? Let me tell you another little secret of how to add more pumpkin to your drinks. When I was in Philadelphia for Wedding Tour 2011 (Adam and I had 3, yes 3! weddings for our best friends in PA in September) I learned a little coffee trick from my bff's sister. If you love brewed coffee, and you lo-ove pumpkin, then you'll really lo-o-ove this trick.

Ok, just add pumpkin spice, the seasoning, to your coffee grounds before brewing. Ta-da! That's it! Easy, smells like fall, and tastes delicious.

For anyone who doesn't have pumpkin spice on hand, like us, you can make your own with other spices you're likely to have. I found a recipe online here, but I typed it out below too:

Here's what you'll need:
1/2 t of cinnamon
1/4 t ground ginger.
1/8 t ground allspice or ground cloves.
1/8 t ground nutmeg.

Stir to blend.
Makes 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
(I used between 3/4- 1 full teaspoon for a full pot of coffee depending on how fall-ish I feel.)

Then just add it to your coffee filter where your grounds should already be.

Top with a little whipped cream and drizzle with some chocolate sauce (or caramel sauce) to make it an even more special coffee day.


Yu-um!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment